“Leadership in the Wildland Fire Service” is an excellent leadership manual. The Wildland Fire leadership principles within also apply to Project Managers (PMs). I first read this leadership manual put out by the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) in 2014 as pre-read work for a Gettysburg Staff Ride. I highly recommend anyone attend a Staff Ride.
Years later as a Podcaster and Project Manager, I looked back through the manual and in this episode I share principles that are directly applicable to us as PMs.
Resources & References:
- Electronic version of PMS 494-2 available at https://www.nwcg.gov/sites/default/files/publications/pms494-2.pdf
- Order hard copies of PMS 494-2 and other NWCG resources from https://www.nwcg.gov/publications/pms449-2
- Read more about the National Wildfire Coordinating Group at https://www.nwcg.gov/
Stay safe, wash your hands and Godspeed,
Kevin Pannell, PMP, Creator & Host, ‘People, Process, Progress’ podcast
– Build the foundation at https://peopleprocessprogress.com/build-the-foundation
– Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and subscribe below to the podcast and YouTube channel