In this week’s Foundations Friday 60: The Godzilla Principle I share the concept of the same name from Michael S. Dobson’s book “Streetwise Project Management”. The concept is pretty straight forward. In the original Godzilla movie people chose not to take out Baby Godzilla. Later, Godzilla grew up and rampaged through and destroyed much of the city. Godzilla represents a metaphor for when Program or Project Managers that do not manage risks early on. These risks then end up having to responded to as issues later in the project.
Learn more from Dobson’s book on Amazon and also from this podcast on a previous episode called “12 Immutable Laws of Project Management” from way back in October 2019.
More Principles from the ‘People, Process, Progress‘ Podcast
- Transitioning to Project Management
- Learn Project Management Principles
- Portfolios Programs and Projects
- Interview with Donna Gregorio, PMP
Thank you for reading, listening and sharing the show.
Stay safe, wash your hands and Godspeed,
Kevin Pannell, PMP, Creator & Host, ‘People, Process, Progress’ podcast
– Build the foundation at https://peopleprocessprogress.com/build-the-foundation
– Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and subscribe below to the podcast and YouTube channel.