In ‘The Art of the SBAR’ I share the Situation Background Assessment Recommendation (SBAR = “ess-bar”) to discuss issues with leaders. The SBAR can be documented in MS Word, PowerPoint or other tools. I prefer the one page PowerPoint table version. Key is to deliver the SBAR in a “short and sweet” format.
- Why are we hear?
- Why am I reading this?
- What got us here?
- What contributed to me reading this?
- What do you think happened?
- What do you know happened?
- How do you think we can resolve this?
- What changes do you think we should make?
You may use other tools to queue up decisions or to discuss resolution of issues, but I recommend giving the SBAR a try the next time you run into issues on your project or even to present an after action report (AAR) in short format.
Stay safe, wash your hands and Godspeed,
Kevin Pannell, PMP, Creator & Host, ‘People, Process, Progress’ podcast
– Build the foundation at https://peopleprocessprogress.com/build-the-foundation
– Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and subscribe below to the podcast and YouTube channel