“Take Time to be Silent” – Inspired by a sermon at church where the Pastor challenged each of us to unplug for 30 minutes. The Pastor’s guidance was to have no inspirational music, no affirmations and certainly no smart devices or other electronic distractions. This is such a challenge in 2022. But should it be?
Our minds seem to have been rewired over the past 5-10 years, certainly since 2020. How?
- Ability to order pretty much anything in the world and have it delivered to us
- We can watch brand new movies
- Binge shows across dozens of streaming services
Am I saying or was the Pastor saying these technological advances are bad? No. But, like most things, they are also not good in excess. Taking time to detangle our minds from the digital world of Zoom calls, pings and notifications and whether someone “Likes” us or our posts is well worth it. So how do we do it?
- Pick a day and time when you have 30 minutes
- Pick a location where noone with talk to you
- Leave your phone close, but not on you and on silent
- Breathe, look around and soak in the world
Thank you for soaking in another episode of the podcast. Please share this post and the show via your favorite podcast platform.
Stay safe, wash your hands and Godspeed,
Kevin Pannell, PMP, Creator & Host, ‘People, Process, Progress’ podcast
– Build the foundation at https://peopleprocessprogress.com/build-the-foundation
– Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and subscribe below to the podcast and YouTube channel