Strengthen Your Resume – Whether actively job seeking or not, it pays to have an up to date resume. Just the practice of making a resume current is helpful. We have an opportunity to think back across our professional careers and capture how we’ve helped make things better along the way. More practically, if we keep our resume ‘evergreen’, then we’re always ready for the next internal or external opportunity.
In ‘PPP89: 5 Tips to Strengthen Your Resume in 2021’, I share experience from my wife and my combined 40+ years of applying for jobs and some best practices from sites such as Forbes, LinkedIn, Zety and Indeed.
*SPOILER ALERT* – Below are the 5 tips. Listen to the episode for more:
- Key words are…key
- Include quantifiable facts, not just fancy words
- Good formatting is a must
- Summarize your awesomeness
- Keep it evergreen
- Bonus: Network internally and externally
Thank you for reading this, listening to the podcast and sharing with others.
Stay safe, wash your hands and Godspeed,
Kevin Pannell, PMP, Creator & Host, ‘People, Process, Progress’ podcast
– Build the foundation at https://peopleprocessprogress.com/build-the-foundation
– Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and subscribe below to the podcast and YouTube channel
#resume #jobseeking #linkedin #indeed #forbes #zety #gethired #getafterit #peopleprocessprogress