I Love the 2021 PMP Exam Changes the Project Management Institute (PMI) has made to the focus areas of the PMP exam. In this episode I provide an overview of the 2021 PMP exam domains and my $.02 on their practical application in the real world.
The New Domains and the PMP Exam:
- PEOPLE (42%):
- “emphasizing the soft skills you need to effectively lead a project team in today’s changing environment“
- PROCESS: (50%)
- “reinforcing the technical aspects of successfully managing projects“
- BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT: (8%)
- “highlighting the connection between projects and organizational strategy“
New PMP Exam Composition:
- 180 questions (the previous exam was 200), but the same number of questions will be scored
- 230 minutes to complete the exam
- One additional break for a total of two 10-minute breaks for computer-based tests. No scheduled breaks for paper-based exams.
- Questions will be a combination of multiple-choice, multiple responses, matching, hotspot and limited fill-in-the-blank
Information from above and more at https://www.pmi.org/certifications/project-management-pmp/earn-the-pmp/pmp-exam-preparation/pmp-exam-updates
Stay safe, wash your hands and Godspeed,
Kevin Pannell, PMP, Creator & Host, ‘People, Process, Progress’ podcast
– Build the foundation at https://peopleprocessprogress.com/build-the-foundation
– Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and subscribe below to the podcast and YouTube channel.