*I’m consolidating content from the upinthemorning.org website and podcast back under the ‘People, Process, Progress’ website and podcast feed and library. This episode originally aired in November 2021.
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” – Lao Tzu, 6th Century BC, rom Chapter 64 of the Dao De Jing
We don’t have to go for 1,000 mile runs or do 1,000 reps. We need to go for what helps us. Exercise makes the cloud of depression dissipate. Activity pushes our minds and bodies through the grief of loss. What makes us feel alive. Before we take our first step towards fitness, we need to determine our “Why?”
In this episode I share my “Why?”, cite research from PubMed on exercise to help resist disease and share information from the Mayo Clinic on the positive effect being active has on depression and anxiety.
Key Points from the episode:
- Regular physical activity or exercise boosts our virus immunity
- Consistent physical activity or exercise reduces or removes the impact of chronic disease
- Systematic physical activity or exercise helps ease symptoms of depression or anxiety
- Regular physical activity or exercise can keep depression or anxiety from coming back
- 30 minutes 3-5 times a week is a great goal
Stay safe, wash your hands and Godspeed,
Kevin Pannell, PMP, Creator & Host, ‘People, Process, Progress’ podcast
– Build the foundation at https://peopleprocessprogress.com/build-the-foundation
– Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts and subscribe below to the podcast and YouTube channel
#upinthemorning #exercise #physicalactivity #fitness #immunity #depression #anxiety #mentalhealth #defcor #getafterit