We can prep the equipment, outfit the people and ready the food, but if we don’t have a way to move these things our front line troops won’t have what they need to win. As General Omar Bradley famously said, “Amateaurs talk strategy. Professionals talk logistics“.
Key considerations for logistics requests:
- C – capability being requested (what does it need to do)
- S – size (equipment, not people)
- A – amount being requested (people, equipment or supplies)
- L – location the person, equipment or supplies need to be deployed to
- T- Resource type (what can the resource do)
- T – time the person, equipment, supplies or delivery is needed and how long
Thank you for reading this, listening to this week’s episode and sharing with others that may benefit.
Stay safe, wash your hands and Godspeed,
Kevin Pannell, PMP | Creator & Host, ‘People, Process, Progress’ | Connect and subscribe at https://linktr.ee/peopleprocessprogress
#logistics #csaltt #supplychain #projectmanagement #allhazards #logisticssection #supplyunit #groundsupport